Thursday 5 July 2012

How They Blew It

To SME Owners.

I have just finished reading the above book by J Oliver and T Goodwin, great book , go buy it.

Here are my views on why these top entrepreneurs, blew it.(can we learn anything, yes I know we can)

-Grew to quickly, had great vision, but had a sales mentality, not a business mentality.
-From this poor longterm Leadership.
-This then included poor decision making.
- Ego and Pride got in the way.
-Took on too many risks.
-Lacked sound structures.
            To name a few, buy the book it goes into deep meanings with good research.

I saw these upsides though,

-Saw opportunities and moved quickly.
-Understood the big picture.
-Knew and were aware of shifts and trends, so they could try to position their business better.
-Wanted to grow something really Big.
-Contributed to charities etc.

As the authors put it,"the failings were mostly Human ones.

As I have mentioned the above is seen through my SME eyes.

Till next time may the Force be with you, I am your silent partner helping you work on your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment